Make planning changes visible:
Graphically presented process views enable you to recognize the links between availability and required capacities and materials. The impact of individual planning changes is immediately visible.
abas APS helps you improve profitability of your production facilities by avoiding unnecessary downtime and increasing utilization of your machinery.
Give your team access to the information they need to make sound decisions.
APS gives you the ability to run "what-if?" simulation scenarios taking into account the availability of materials and the limited capacities, allowing you to successfully optimize the throughout your production.
Using APS to identify regular resource bottlenecks that reduce overall throughput can really pay off by helping to streamline your process and improve efficiency.
Visualization involves the systematic analysis and formatting of different abas ERP production data – orders, machines, and capacities – for display in a clear, graphical format. Through the clear visualization of the current production status, each employee can actively participate in discussions, rather than being reserved only for the PPC experts. abas APS helps to improve interdepartmental communication within your company, supporting decisions on many levels.
The management dashboard provides a constantly updating overview of the current production situation and displays clear information for strategic decisions:
- Realistic delivery dates can be set in the date review, simplifying communication between production, PPC and sales.
- PPC identifies the need for short-notice management issues, such as special work shifts or working remotely.
Detailed planning with abas APS
abas APS helps you see the big picture by collecting, analyzing and presenting important information clearly. This allows you to easily answer typical PPC-related questions, such as:
- Which orders are currently in the system?
- What is the order status and when can it be delivered?
- What dependencies and constraints exist in the order?
- When are specific operations scheduled for particular resources?
- Where are there noticeable bottlenecks, and how can these be resolved?
Overview of production capacity utilization – resource allocation
The resource view shows your machine groups, production resources, and which operations are scheduled when. Conflicts are highlighted and can therefore be resolved more easily.
Visualization for maximum clarity
Production planning and simulation with graphical control center
abas APS offers extensive visualization and analytical features, including specialized views for planning and analysis. The chronological dependencies of your processes, including purchase orders, work order suggestions, work orders, and subcontracting, are displayed graphically. Optional additional functions are also available, including simulation and optimization to counter limited capacities.
Presentation of the scheduled operations for each resource
Presentation of "conflicts" (e.g. multiple allocation)
Available working hours according to shift model
Resource filtering (e.g. by department)
Overview of production capacity utilization – capacity evaluation
The capacity view shows all resources with their respective capacity utilization levels for a given period in the form of colored blocks of time; each block representing a day, week or month. The utilization level is shown as a percentage within these blocks. The different colors indicate the capacity utilization level for each time interval.
- Display capacity utilization compared to the available capacity
- Different detail: daily, weekly and monthly capacity utilization levels
- Quick overview with "traffic light" function
- Expand a line for more details
Overview for the planner – work orders
The order view displays all work orders and secondary requirements, including the associated operations, which means you can quickly get an overview of the orders in the system and see their structure and dependencies. This allows you to realistically estimate delivery dates.
Display order relationships – complete procurement status
Take into account work order suggestions, purchasing processes, subcontracting and relocation across all levels through to the sales order
- Check delivery date accuracy (color coded)
abas APS overview
- Visualization: resource, capacity, and order views
- Consideration of work order suggestions, work orders, sales orders, external purchases, subcontracting, relocations, production resources, transport times and idle periods
- Comprehensive filter functions
- Visualization: sales order view
- Manual activities: move operations to different times and resources
- Return posting of results to abas, completely or for selected orders
- Supports the displaying and filtering of additional fields and information from abas
- Easily configurable information displays and views
- Split, synchronized views
- Supports manual planning with catch functions
- Manual grouping
Export functions (e.g. Excel)
Simulation to plan against limited capacity by priority: date and manual priority
Specification of alternative resources
Simulation of parallel resources to plan against limited capacity (personnel, production resources)
Volume-limited resources (for assembly planning involving several people)
Frozen zone for each resource; configuration options for work in the frozen zone (e.g. only retain sequence)
- Option of combined production (e.g. plastic injection molding)
Scheduling, simulation and optimization to mitigate limited capacities
Optional additional functions, particularly for scheduling, simulation and optimization to mitigate limited capacities, are also available.
abas APS has extensive functions to support manual planning. The planning results can be transferred to abas ERP. The views can be individually configured according to customer requirements and supplemented with additional information from abas ERP.
The sales order view provides transparency for sales. It shows existing sales orders with their delivery dates, the associated work orders, and the resulting delay in/early arrival of a sales order.
North American Headquarters
North American Headquarters
ABAS Business Solutions Nederland BV
SHP Informática Ltda
abas Business Solutions Limited
abas Force India Pvt. Ltd.
PT. abas Information Systems
Synchro RKK Sdn Bhd
Providence Global Pvt Limited
Wisdom Information Systems
abas Бизнес Сълюшънс България ООД