Is it all a “Simple Restructuring”? Maybe not…
While several provisions like time bound processes, clarity on electronic download classifications etc. are in line with the larger objective of ensuring ease of business, there are several issues related to the ERP system in use that need to be addressed.
- Many companies will have to move from their current ERP system, where every transaction is recorded separately, to an upgraded system where there is a correlation between every entry, according to industry executives – few systems are capable of delivering such precision and far fewer ERP teams able to deploy such systems successfully with GST looming in the horizon.
- GST will mainly impact master data management, tax computation and business process localisation, amongst other things.
- To reap the benefits of GST implementation BIG ERP Companies are forcing Manufacturing companies towards:
- Complete and expensive hardware upgrades
- Software upgrades for compliance
- Reorganisation of business processes and workflows to suit the GST Framework
- As such managers should be well aware of the two key decions that sit before them:
- a. Should we invest further into technology that was not ready for this change and possibly face further investment down the track due to more unpredictable changes?
- b. Or should we invest in technology that can adapt and last the test of time and grow with us without breaking our budget or forcing us into corners?
ERP Software to help you grow.
An integrated ERP software powered by workflow technology is the key to unlocking your team's full potential. Whether for management or finance, purchasing or sales, service or Cost accounting, production or warehousing: abas ERP Software is a complete solution that provides your employees with exactly the functions and information they need. All your business areas will benefit from our extensive product portfolio, which not only includes core ERP Software functions, but also a wide range of valuable solutions from APS to project management. And with our mobile apps, you can keep your data and processes under control, any time and any place.