Among other things, this means that the company processes, also in the development area, enable the production of high quality software. We will list some of these processes and measures in the following.
The development of abas ERP is subject to extensive quality assurance measures. The software with it's main features was released on the market in 1995. Since then regular updates have been released to keep the software at the most current technological level.
The foundation of active and passive quality assurance:
- Our software is subject to a strict quality and version management which always guarantees traceability.
- Automated test suites run daily, some with over 2500 tests, in our test management system. The running of the test suites must be successfully completed before each release version goes out.
- In a pilot phase, each release version is tested in real operation by selected longstanding customers, and also relatively new customers, before a version is granted a general release for all customers. The feedback is collected by means of an online survey involving all pilot customers. In doing this, we collect information on the downward compatibility and also the usability of new functionality n a pilot version.
- The version 2018r4 has been in the pilot phase since May 2018. The abas ERP Financial accounting and Fixed asset accounting components are tested annually in the current release version by independent auditors.
- By using a separate reclamation management, we are always informed about possible problems in our software.
- Using program-internal monitoring mechanisms (so-called "error reports"), we are automatically informed by email about inconsistent data or program statuses.
If necessary, remote maintenance allows us to make a quick analysis and access the abas ERP installation "on location".