Location: Sterling, VA
Job Type: Full Time
You don’t have to look hard to find what makes abas-USA innovative, progressive and pioneering. It’s people, both our employees and our customers. People whose ideas, diligence and expertise give us a competitive advantage and make up the heart and soul of our business. With more than 30 years of experience building innovative ERP solutions for thousands of businesses in 29 countries worldwide, the people of abas deeply understand the constantly evolving requirements of mid-sized manufacturing and distribution companies.
The culture at abas-USA provides a fun, dynamic and exciting team environment. We believe in learning continuously, which is facilitated through the abas Academy. abas-USA also provides learning opportunities through year-round training courses, mentorship programs, and frequent interactions with leaders and subject matter experts.
If you’re someone who is results driven, adaptable, willing to learn, and wants to have fun within a fast-paced and challenging environment, abas-USA is the place for you.
The IT help desk support technician will be responsible for administration and internal support of the company’s PCs & Macs, phones, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, supporting both an office environment and remote users, license tracking, shipping and receiving, performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations, installing hardware and software, and other duties as assigned.
The role is expected to know how to solve most first level end user hardware/software and network related issues. The technician will be required to escalate issues and contact vendors as needed to find solutions. Qualified candidates will have a basic understanding of Linux, Windows, networking.
Ideal candidates will be familiar with scripting in PowerShell, Bash, Java, or Perl to assist with task automation.
- Support and assist end users, internal and external, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Create and maintain service tickets for all customer interactions, through to closure.
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms.
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Assist in network and server administration & support as directed.
- Provision and maintain various Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android devices.
- Maintain proper inventory of spare IT equipment.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Assist with tracking of all IT equipment and peripherals.
- Maintain and contribute to help desk processes and procedures documentation.
- Be available for after-business hour emergency support.
- Instruct users in the operation of agency equipment and processes, including but not limited to hardware, software, and VoIP phones.
- Setup and maintain reliable remote access to all of our external customers (Windows RDP, SSH).
- Provide support to our training center by:
- Assisting in maintaining and updating equipment prior to and after classes.
- Configuring training environments.
- Assist with the configuration and setup associated with new, changing, or departed end users:
- Interact with other business and IT staff to ensure proper setup timeline.
- Phone system changes.
- Laptop imaging, configuration and setup.
- Setup and decommissioning of end user accounts in Active Directory, Office 365, and other business systems.
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a professional work environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or related field preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of networking.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Must be familiar with both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems, MS Office.
- Mac and PC hardware, printers, scanners, computer peripherals, mobile devices (iOS, Android).
- Client connectivity - Ethernet, TCP/IP, VPN, Wi-Fi.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a broad range of individuals at all levels.
- Candidates should be familiar with the OSI model and be able to diagnose problems effectively within its framework.
- Knowledge of peripheral installation and hardware configuration.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package.