A lack of orientation for the future and upcoming support settings for their customized, DOS-interface software were the triggers that led Barcodat GmbH to search for a new software solution. After presentations by multiple providers did not lead to a clear favorite, the company hoped to find better answers at the SYSTEMS trade fair in Munich, Germany, in the fall of 2006. abas GmbH & Co. KG made a good impression, not just in Munich, but throughout their subsequent contact, and Barcodat GmbH was able to make an easy decision by the end of 2006. The project began with the training of the key users team in September 2007. The system went live on April 1, 2008. The internal linking of abas to the product portfolio as well as the resulting experience have been and continue to be shared with other abas users across Germany.
- Short implementation period
- Adoption of all master files and sales history since 2001
- Customer information center infosystem for complete customer overviews
- Serial number management with connection to scanners
- Repairs management using barcodes
- Process optimization